How do you know if a company is green-washing, or over-promoting its sustainability performance? Brand Logic’s recently released Sustainability Leadership Report compares the perceptions of sustainability of 100 prominent brands, with their sustainability reality.
Their matrix, sorts the brands into 4 categories:
- leaders – those who perform well in environmental, social and governance (ESG) dimensions of sustainability and successfully communicate their achievements
- challengers – who are performing well, but not getting enough credit
- promoters – who are credited with ESG performance ahead of their actual performance
- laggards – who are low in both dimensions
The great news
When evaluating a company as a potential:
- investment or investment recommendation
- supply chain partner
- employerhow important is it to you that the company act as a good corporate citizen, operating in a socially and environmentally responsible manner?